- FAQ & Terms
All about the Segway experience - it's fun & unique!
We'll teach you how to ride the Segway, the self balancing electric scooter, and then take you on a evening guided tour of the Pest side of the Budapest city.
Click here for full tour description.
Highlights and Themes
- 1 hour private fun ride on the Segway with an experienced Segway instructor
- Flexibility within the 1-hour
Flexibility within 1 hour. Some recommendations:
- Opera House, Andrassy Blvd,
- Great Synagogue, Deak and Elisabeth Squares, Vaci Street
- Danube Promenade, Vorosmarty Square, Vigado, Chain Bridge
- St Stephen's Basilica, Liberty Square, Parliament
- Margaret Bridge, Margaret Island
- Heroes' Square and City Park
2017 Ratesonline booking
Group over 5 people
No children or student discounts on this tour.
No infants allowed.
Children must weigh at least 40 kg (90lbs) and be at least 10 years of age.
Inclusions: Private training and fun ride with a professional Segway Instructor, Segway machine rental during the tour, helmets (compulsory)
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
From 1 February - All year around at 11:30, 16:00 daily
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point same as the meeting point.
Duration: 1 hour + training
Training normally lasts between 20-30 minutes.
The program starts with a 20-30 minute orientation session in front of our office on the big open square (not included in quoted tour time). You will have time to practice on the Segway so that everyone feels comfortable and ready to go out and conquer Budapest.
The tour does not include any guiding, so we recommend it especially to those..
.. who want to experience this fun and entertaining way of getting around the city
.. who are new in the city and just want to have a quick orientation
.. who are not so interested in historical info and just want to have fun
.. who want to try the Segway but have limited time for it
We try our very best to accommodate special requirements but due to the limits of the Segway (high curbs and outdoor surfaces) and safety standards we uphold some areas will be off-limits on Segway. Guide reserves the right to make judgement of visiting areas and accessible points. Please note the city also closes down certain areas to the Segway and also for events, fairs and festivals which can make the tour use alternative routes.
Booking Terms, Conditions and Cancellation Points:
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (we encourage our guests to bring hats and gloves to keep the extremities warm during colder months). Refunds/exchanges are not given due to unfavourable weather conditions.
- Tour operator not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- All our riders must have the ability to perform actions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280lbs/130kg or under 90lbs/40kg
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Unfortunately, pregnant women are NOT able to participate
- Insurance Waiver and Damage Deposit: Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour time.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.