For those in search of an active way to see the best of Prague with some fun beer tasting after the tour!
Highlights and Themes
- Old Town Square
- Letna Park, (Rudolfinum from above)
- The story of Prague Castle and a view of Charles Bridge
- Strahov Monastery
- Downhill to the river and the Dancing House
- Beer tasting after the tour
Tour Priceonline booking 55 € Adults
53 € Students
Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead
1 April - 31 October 2018 16:00 - daily
Absolute Tour Center: 12 Michalska Street, Prague 1 (written as: Michalská 432/12) - entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Stare Paní
Duration: 3+ hours
Join us on our Night Bike Tour to enjoy the twilight ambience of Prague - one of the most enchanting parts of the day - and sample some of its finest beers.
After a fun bike ride meandering through the narrow streets of the Old Town, we'll tap into the city's nightlife scene with a visit to one the city's many micro-breweries to enjoy some unique craft lagers found nowhere else the world. We'll first get you thirsty by cycling through the atmospheric Old Town Square and the historic Jewish Quarter before we head east along the Vltava and head up to Letna Park to get a bird's eye view of the city from atop the hill. Here you can enjoy truly stunning panoramic views of Prague. Experience the city's fairytale feel of as you look out over the Charles Bridge, the Rudolfinum and south along the river towards the National Theatre and beyond.
Then, as we come towards the end of Letna Park, our route will take us past the Belvedere along to the north gate of Prague Castle. Next, we'll head past the presidential residence and the royal horse stables across the deer moat and into the castle grounds. Experiencing Prague Castle and its stunning St Vitus Cathedral at night gives you a completely different perspective of this, one of Prague's most enchanting areas.The eeriness of this blend of gothic, romanesque and baroque architecture just doesn't ring through during the day. (we can also stop by the Golden Lane - but this depends on closing time).
After taking in the castle grounds we head out through the Mathias Arch and out the Titan Gate to the front of the castle from where we turn around to enjoy one last look before our trip moves on. From the main gate we head west and cycle past Schwarzenberg Palace, Loretta Church and through the grounds of the Strahov Monastery where we start to wind back down into Lesser Town. When we reach the bottom of the hill we will cycle past the John Lennon Wall, Charles Bridge and through the delightful Kampa Park after which we cycle a little further along the river so your guide can highlight some of the city's evening hotspots. Here you'll also get a view of Vysehrad Castle that lies to the south along the riverbank.
On our way back to the tour center the route will take you past the Dancing House and you'll get another close-up view of the National Theatre before we drop off the bikes. But, fear now, at this point our tour is far from over. It's understandable that after a bike ride you may have developed a thirst. So let our guide take you through the picturesque streets to one of the city's famous microbreweries where you can enjoy the evening atmosphere and some local beers as you relax after the tour. This is an excellent opportunity to ask any your guide any lingering questions you might have and get to know some of the other members of the tour. After some beers at two different venues, the tour will come to end but be sure to ask your guide for some tips on where else to go. You might even end up partying with some of the new friends you will have met on the tour.
For groups containing younger travellers, there are of course soft drinks available.
Our bike tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
Inclusions: English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time, beer tasting (4 beers), Beer Museum entry, stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 2 hours.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- We are not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol before the tour will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation Points: Programs cancelled within 3 days of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.
- Important notice: Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead