- FAQ & Terms
An entertaining bike ride around Budapest's major sights!
Enjoy a leisurely experience and learn about Budapest and the history behind it through an innovative and entertaining bike ride.
Click here for full tour description.
Highlights and Themes
- Hungarian history and culture
- Heroes' Square and City Park
- Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, view over Buda Castle
- Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes
- Gellert Square, Liberty bridge, Market Hall area & Margit Bridge
- Refreshment stop included in the tour
Tour Priceonline booking
28 € Adults
26 € Students (with a valid student card)
12 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments. Day tour has a stop for coffee or beverage and pastry included.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 March - 31 March
11:00 - Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
1 April - 31 October
11:00 - daily
1 November - 30 November
11:00 - Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Meeting and conclusion point:
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 just behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point is same as departure point.
Full tour description
Duration: 4 hours
Budapest’s original and most renowned biking tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see mostly all the city's sights in a more intimate way through our grand roads and bike pathways. An excellent way to first get orientated with the city and its history before heading out on your own to explore.
Distance: approx. 16 km / 10 miles, flat ride, no elevation.
Our day time tour begins on Andrassy Boulevard and at the Opera House and then a ride up to the Heroes' Square and City Park along the tree lined boulevard. Here we learn about the Hungarian history and culture before biking through the park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex built to display the Hungarian architecture forms for the 1896 world Expo and Szechenyi bath house (peek inside if open). Next, we ride back to the city centre down to the St. Stephen’s Basilica named after the first Hungarian king.
After seeing the beautiful church and square and we ride to Liberty Square for a look at the last Soviet remembrance then on to the Parliament. From the riverbank, you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman’s Bastion where our guide will explain in details about the sights. Next, we cross Margit Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you’ll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Clark Adam Square, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Hotel and Baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge back over to the Pest side to see the Grand Market Hall, and passing by the National Museum and the Great Synagogue before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.
A coffee and traditional Hungarian pastry break is included in the daytime tour.
Our bike tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus hit them up for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours.
- Children policy: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- We are not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation Points: Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary.