- FAQ & Terms
An entertaining and relaxing evening bike ride around Budapest's major sights!
Enjoy a leisurely experience and learn about Budapest and the history behind it through an innovative and entertaining bike ride around Budapest's major sights.
Click here for full tour description.
Highlights and Themes
- Hungarian history and culture
- Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, view over Buda Castle
- Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes along the Danube
- Gellert Square, Liberty bridge, Market Hall area & Margit Bridge
Tour Priceonline booking
24 € Adults
22 € Students (with a valid student card)
10 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
14 April - 30 September
17:00 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Extra availability from 1 June to 31 August:
No tours from 1 December to 28 February.
Meeting and conclusion point:
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 just behind the Opera House.
The tour conlcudes at the departure point.
Full tour description
Duration: 3 hours
Budapest’s original and most renowned biking tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see mostly all the city's sights in a more intimate way through our grand roads and bike pathways. An excellent way to first get orientated with the city and its history before heading out on your own to explore.
Distance: approx. 10 km / 7 miles, flat ride, no elevation.
Our evening tour will take a relaxed and very flat ride and cover more areas along the bank of the Danube River. Starting from our office you’ll cruise along the Andrassy Boulevard before taking in the magnificent St. Stephen’s Basilica. After seeing the beautiful church and square and we ride to Liberty Square for a look at the last Soviet remembrance then on to the Parliament. From the riverbank, you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman’s Bastion where our guide will explain in details about the sights. Next, we cross Margit Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you’ll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Clark Adam Square, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Hotel and Baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge back over to the Pest side to see the Grand Market Hall, and passing by the National Museum and the Great Synagogue before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.
During evening tour all of the sights will be seen at dusk and some will even be illuminated, giving great photo opportunities during the stops.
Our bike tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 3 hours.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- We are not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closure for events, festivals etc. throughout the year.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.
- Children policy: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.