- SPECIAL OFFERS
Contact & About
What could be better than an enjoyable day gliding around the main sights of Budapest on a Segway. It's a self-balancing electric scooter that's not only unique and fun, but will allow you to cover a lot of ground by the end of your guided tour of Pest.
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Introduction to Hungarian history and culture
- Explore Heroes' Square, Vajdahunyad Castle and City Park
- Enjoy the Opera House and Andrassy Avenue
- Marvel at St Stephen's Basilica and the Parliament
- Glide through Liberty Square
Tour PriceSegway Morning Grand Tour at 9:30 am (2 hours): 65 € Segway Afternoon Grand Tour at 15:00 pm (2 hours): 65 €
No children or student discounts on this tour.
No infants allowed.
Children must weigh at least 40 kg (90lbs) and be at least 10 years of age.
Inclusions: Guided training and tour, Segway machine rental during the tour, helmet, stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip
Important notice: We reserve the right to modify or change the tour program without prior notice throughout the year. This can be due to construction, street closures, festivals or any events beyond our control. Please note that the city prohibits the use of Segways in certain pedestrian zones which may force the tour to use alternative routes.
All year round 09:30 and 15:00 - daily
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point is the same as the meeting point.
Because your comfort and safety is of paramount importance, each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes in front of our office. (This isn't part in your tour time). Learning to ride is very easy but nonetheless, only when everyone is comfortable will we set off.
We'll begin on Andrassy Avenue, the famous tree lined boulevard which dates from 1872. You'll pass Neo-Renaissance mansions and townhouses as well as many luxury brand stores. Along the way we'll see the House of Terror as well as the Kodály Square.
Our second stop is Heroes' Square. The major column is the Millennium Memorial and below it are statues of the Seven Chieftains of the Magyars. And behind are two colonnades with statues of Hungarian kings and national leaders. Next the City Park. Being the capitals largest green area, it has various attractions including the wonderful Vajdahunyad Castle. Also we'll see the Szechenyi Baths which are the largest medicinal baths in Europe and a wonderful place to relax after a tour.
Then we return towards the center until we're standing in the shadow of the magnificent Hungarian State Opera House. This Neo-Renaissance edifice is considered to possess the third best acoustics in Europe. Now onwards to the Parliament. This Gothic Revival style construction is the largest building in Hungary. Here we'll enjoy a wonderful panoramic view across the Danube to Buda. You'll see the Buda Castle, Matthias Church, the Royal Palace, Fisherman's Bastion and Margaret Island.
In conclusion, we'll return to the office via Liberty Square, where you'll find the monument to the Soviet liberation of Hungary.
Our Segway tours are small and generally do not have more than 10 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
Please read "Terms and Cancellations" carefully.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (we encourage our guests to bring hats and gloves to keep the extremities warm during colder months). Refunds/exchanges are not given due to unfavourable weather conditions.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year. Please note the city also closes down certain areas to the Segway and also for events, fairs and festivals which can force the tour to use alternative routes.
- Tour operator not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- For the safety of the mother and baby, we do not allow pregnant women to participate.
- Insurance Waiver and Damage Deposit: Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them).
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.