- SPECIAL OFFERS
Contact & About
Enjoy a leisurely experience and learn about Budapest and the history behind it through an innovative and entertaining bike ride. You'll see Budapest's major sights by day with a refreshing coffee stop included.
Highlights and Themes
- Hungarian history and culture
- Heroes' Square and City Park
- Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, view over Buda Castle
- Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes
- Gellert Square, Liberty bridge, Market Hall area & Margit Bridge
- Refreshment stop included on the tour
Tour Priceonline booking
28 € Adult
26 € Student (with a valid student card)
14 € Child (up to 12 years)
Infants are free up to 2 years
Inclusions: English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments. Day tour has a stop for coffee or beverage and pastry included.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
1 March - 31 March
11:00 - Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
1 April - 31 October
11:00 - daily
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point is the same as the meeting point.
Duration: 4 hours
Distance: approx. 16 km / 10 miles, flat ride, no elevation
Budapest's original and most renowned bike tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see most of the city's sights in a more intimate way along our grand roads and bike pathways. An excellent way to first get orientated with the city and its history before heading out on your own to explore.
Our daytime tour begins on Andrassy Boulevard and at the Opera House followed by a ride up to the Heroes' Square and City Park along the tree lined boulevard. Here we learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex built to display Hungarian architecture for the 1896 world Expo and Szechenyi bath house (peek inside if open). Next we ride back to the city centerand down to St. Stephen's Basilica named after the first Hungarian king.
After seeing the beautiful church and square and we ride to Liberty Square for a look at one of the last Soviet relics stand then on to the Parliament. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman's Bastion where our guide will explain in detail the sights.Next we cross Margit Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you'll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Clark Adam Square, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Hotel and Baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge back over to the Pest side to see the Grand Market Hall and Pest downtown before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.
A coffee and traditional Hungarian pastry break is included on the daytime tour.
Our bike tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- We are not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour time
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes without prior notice when necessary
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.