- SPECIAL OFFERS
Contact & About
Jump on one of our e-bikes and see Budapest in one of the most fun ways possible. On this tour you'll cruise down grand boulevards and along charming side streets, learning all about the city and it's interesting history as you go.
Click here for full tour description.
Highlights and Themes
- Hungarian history and culture
- Heroes' Square and City Park
- Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge, view over Buda Castle
- Buda Castle area - Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church
- Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes
- Gellert Square, Liberty Bridge, Market Hall area & Margit Bridge
- Refreshment stop included in the tour
Tour Priceonline booking
49 € Adults
45 € Students (with a valid student card)
Participants need to be a minimum of 140 cm tall to ride the e-bike.
Participants must know how to ride a bike. We use Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal. A minimum of 2 guests are required for this tour to run.
Inclusions: English speaking guide, e-bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time. Stops for photos and refreshments. Stop for a coffee or beverage and cake included.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip. Our bike tours are small and generally do not have more than 10 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
April to October
10:30 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
No tours between 1 November and 31 March
Meeting and conclusion point:
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 just behind the Opera House.
The tour conlcudes at the departure point.
Full tour description
Duration: 3,5-4 hours
Distance: approx. 22 km / 17 miles. We use Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal.
All our e-bike tours start with a quick introduction to the e-bikes and the city's rules on bike safety and riding. Each person will be taught how to use the e-bike most efficiently and then have a practice on them until they feel comfortable and ready to go out and enjoy Budapest on these fantastic machines.
This is one of the most extensive tours we offer, giving you the chance to see all of Budapest's best sights and get to know the city and its culture intimately. Along the way, your experienced local guide will be on hand to tell you about what you're seeing and talk in-depth about the city's history and people.
Starting at our office by the opulent Opera House, we'll first travel up Andrassy Avenue - one of the oldest and grandest streets in the city - which is today lined with some of its fanciest shopping stores. After hearing about the street's unique history, we'll arrive at our first historical site - Heroe's Square.
Behind this stretches the tranquil City Park, and it's here that you'll learn more about Hungary's past and learn about some of the buildings in the park, including Vajdahunyad Castle, which was built to show off Hungary's architectural might for the World Fair in the early 1900's.
Next, we head back to the center of town, travelling past the impressive St Stephen's Basilica, the nearby Freedom Square - where stands one of the city's few remaining Soviet memorials - before checking out the Parliament, one of the largest in Europe.
After this, we cycle towards the river bank and make our way towards Margit Bridge so we cross over to the Buda side of the city and explore the wonders it has in store for us. But, before we get there, we'll take a detour off to Margit Island - an entire park on an island - where we'll relax and your guide will be on hand to answer questions and tell you some stories from Budapest's tumultuous past.
Then, once across the river you'll get to see Buda's sights up close, and get a glimpse back at the Pest side from afar. Arriving at our next stop Batthyany Square, your guide will talk more about the Buda side of the city and how it's developed over the years. We'll also make a stop around here for coffee and cake break.
The next part of the tour is one of the most exciting. We'll make our way up the winding hill to reach the Buda Castle District. Luckily, thanks to your e-bikes, the trip up won't be exhausting and you're arrival at the top will be rewarded with magnificent panoramic views of the entire city. While there, we'll check out and talk about the sights up here, including Matthias Church and the Fisherman's Bastion.
Next, as the tour moves back towards where it started, we'll make our way back down the hill and cross the blue Danube to the Pest side of the city. Along the way, we'll travel past the Great Market Hall, then enjoy a relaxing cruise down the Danube Promenade where you'll find plenty of locals and tourists enjoying their day before finishing our tour back where we started.
- Participants need to be a minimum of 140 cm tall to ride the e-bike.
- Participants must know how to ride a bike.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather.
- We are not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closure for events, festivals etc. throughout the year.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
- Children policy: Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years special price, 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.