An entertaining and relaxing evening bike ride through Budapest's major sights!
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Small-group tour
- Learn the basics of Hungarian culture and history
- Cycle around the Opera House, St Stephen's' Basilica, the Parliament and Chain Bridge
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes and Margaret Bridge
- Ride to Gellert Square, Liberty Bridge, the Market Hall
- Approx. 10 km/7 miles, flat ride without elevation
May to August 17:00 - daily
November to March our Winter bike tour is available!
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: same.
- English speaking guide
- Bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2,5 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
What better way to see the city than a bike tour on a balmy summer's evening. Explore all the major sites, as well as discover their histories and more with your knowledgeable and entertaining guide.
Starting at the Opera House, you'll cruise along the Andrassy Boulevard, checking out some of Budapest's stunning architecture along the way, before stopping to see the magnificent St. Stephen's Basilica.
Next, we'll glide over to Liberty Square to look at one of the last remaining Soviet relics in the city, before moving on to take the view – and no doubt some photos, of Budapest's truly spectacular Parliament building. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panoramic view of the Castle District which includes Matthias Church, the Royal Palace and the Fisherman's Bastion.
Next you cross Margaret Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you'll ride along the bike lanes of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge to see the Grand Market Hall.
At the final leg of the tour you will cross Pest downtown before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.