Learn all about Budapest while enjoying a leisurely ride on this interactive and entertaining bike tour.
Highlights and Themes
- Small-group tour
- Visit Heroes’ Square and the City Park area
- Cycle around the Opera House, St Stephen’s’ Basilica and the Parliament
- Cross the Danube to Buda through Margaret Bridge
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes
- Refreshment stop with dessert
Adult: 45 €
Student with ID: 42 €
Meeting and Conclusion Point
Yellow Zebra Bikes & Segways, 1052 Budapest, Karoly korut 16. in the courtyard.
English speaking guide, bike and optional helmet, coffee or soft drink and dessert included.
Entry fees, pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- You must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Full Tour Description
Join us on the Yellow Zebra Budapest Bike tour. This is a most popular bike tour for an innovative, entertaining and relaxing trip to see the city’s most interesting sights.
Opera House Start
We start the ride at the Opera House, one of Budapest’s most stunning pieces of architecture. From here, you’ll ride up the architecturally beautiful Andrassy Boulevard, one of the longest and grandest roads in the city, eventually arriving at Hero’s Square and City Park for your first history lesson.
Cruising in Pest
Next, we’ll go biking through the park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex – built to display the Hungarian architecture forms for the 1896 World Expo – and then to Szechenyi Bath House (peek inside if open). Next, we ride back to the city centre down to the St. Stephen’s Basilica named after the first Hungarian king.
Next, we’ll glide over to Liberty Square to check out one of the last remaining Soviet relics in the city, before moving on to take the view – and no doubt some photos, of Budapest’s truly spectacular Parliament building. Here you’ll also get to enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the Castle District and the buildings which make it up including Matthias Church, the Royal Palace and Fisherman’s Bastion. Meanwhile, your guide will tell you all about the history of these stunning buildings.
Onwards To Buda
Next you’ll cross over the Margit Bridge and check out the Buda side of the city. Here you’ll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Clark Adam Square before crossing the Elisabeth Bridge back over to the Pest side and returning to the Opera House to finish off the tour.
A stop for a coffee and traditional Hungarian pastry is included.