Cruise down grand boulevards by e-bike and along charming side streets and get to learn all about the Budapest.
Highlights and Themes
- Explore Budapest with a private guide
- Learn about Hungarian history on Heroes’ Square and City Park
- Opera House, St Stephen’s Basilica, Parliament, Chain Bridge
- Visit Buda Castle area – Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church
- Cruise along Buda & Pest promenade bike lanes with Chain Bridge
- Enjoy coffee and cake
- Quality Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal
Group of 1-2 people: 190 €
Group of 3 people: 216 €
Group of 4 people: 236 €
Over 5 people: 49 € / person
Yellow Zebra Bikes & Segways, 1052 Budapest, Karoly korut 16. in the courtyard.
Private English speaking guide, e-bike hire (optional helmet), stop for a coffee or beverage and cake included.
Entry fees to sights and museums, pick-up and drop-off
Know before you book
- You’ll need to be a minimum of 160 cm tall to ride the e-bike
- You will use Pedelec bicycles where a small electric motor makes it easier to pedal
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Full Tour Description
Opera House & Pest
You’ll start the tour outside our office by the stunning Opera House, after which you’ll travel up Andrassy Avenue, one of the oldest and grandest streets in the city, which is today lined with up market shopping stores. The first sight you’ll check out is Heroes’ Square and this is also where your guide will begin telling you about the history of Budapest.
Up next, it’s time to enjoy some greenery in the tranquil City Park including Vajdahunyad Castle, which was built to show off Hungary’s varied architectural styles for the World Fair of the early 1900’s.
The Private Budapest E-Bike Tour then takes us back to the center of town, gliding past the impressive St Stephen’s Basilica, the nearby Freedom Square, where there stands one of the city’s few remaining Soviet memorials. Parliament is next stop – fun fact, it’s one of the largest in Europe.
Next, it’s off for some more greenery, which we’ll find by crossing Margaret Bridge and onto Margaret Island, which is an entire park on an island.
Buda Castle & the Danube
Back on the bridge, you’ll finally cross the river so we can enjoy Buda’s sights up close, and get a glimpse back at the Pest side from afar. You’ll make our way up the winding hill to reach the Buda Castle District. Luckily, thanks to your e-bikes, the trip up won’t be exhausting and your arrival at the top will be rewarded with magnificent panoramic views of the entire city. There are plenty of sights to check out up here, including Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion – and your guide will talk extensively about all of them.
Finally, you’ll make our way back across the Danube to the Pest side and your tour concludes back where we started.