Unfortunately this tour does not operate in 2020
Highlights and Themes
- Private tour with a licensed guide
- Cycle along the Danube from Budapest to Szentendre
- Flat ride, 22 km/17 miles along the banks of the river
- Learn all about Liberty Square, Parliament and Margaret Island in Budapest
- Stroll through the cobbled streets of Szentendre
- Taste a famous Hungarian snack – langos!
- Return to Budapest by boat (or alternate transport)
Dates & Times & Prices
This tour does not operate in 2020
E-bike option is available: +25 EUR/person
Absolute Tour Center – 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 (just behind the Opera House)
Know before you book
- Due to the long distance cycled on this tour, children under 12 are not able to take part
- Return transport by boat may be cancelled in times of high tide and alternative return transport will be provided
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 22 km / 17 miles with breaks along the way
- E-bike option costs 25 €/person added to tour price. Participants need to be a minimum of 140 cm tall to ride the e-bike
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Full Tour Description
Join us as we cycle through the streets of Budapest and then along the Danube to the Medieval artistic town of Szentendre. Your tour will begin in the heart of Budapest and you’ll learn about some of the key sights before we begin our leisurely ride. We’ll start the tour at Liberty Square where you’ll gain an insight into Budapest’s more recent history, before checking out the spectacular Parliament building and heading to the river. Crossing Margaret Bridge, you’ll get to cycle through the lush green Margaret Island before arriving in Buda to start the journey to Szentendre through Obuda’s (Old Buda) charming town center.
Your cycle to Szentendre follows the Danube and passes through fields, forests and beaches and we’ll have a short break in one of the several bars and cafes along the way before continuing our ride.
Arriving in the quaint Medieval town of Szentendre, we’ll park the bikes before we take a relaxing stroll through the cobblestone streets. Your guide will show you the best that Szentendre has to offer and will also stop so you can try a classic Hungarian snack food – langos! After our break, you’ll have a chance to self-explore the artistic shops, galleries and churches of the town center.
At the end of the tour, we’ll head to Szentendre Pier to board the boat back to Budapest. You can enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Danube with spectacular views, giving you a whole different perspective of this part of the world.
A great and varied day awaits you – top Budapest sights, a cycle ride along the countryside that lines the river, and exploration of Szentendre and a cruise back to the city along the Danube.
Groups over 15 people please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org