Take an interactive private Segway tour of Budapest with just you and your friends.
Highlights and Themes
- Explore Heroes’ Square, Vajdahunyad Castle and City Park
- Enjoy the Opera House and Andrassy Avenue
- Marvel at St Stephen’s Basilica and the Parliament
- View to UNESCO World Heritage panorama: Buda Castle District, Matthias Church and the Danube
2 hours + training
Dates & Times & Prices
Unfortunately this tour does not operate in 2021
Yellow Zebra Bike Tours and Rental – 1067 Budapest, Eötvös utca 33.
Know before you book
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- High-heel shoes and flip-flops are not suitable for riding the Segway
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing over 280llbs/130kg or under 90llbs/40kg (10 years)
- For the safety of the mother and baby, we do not allow pregnant women to participate
- Helmet is compulsory on the tour and provided
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund
- Insurance requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (children under 18 years must have an adult sign for them)
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Full Tour Description
Because your comfort and safety is of paramount importance, each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes in front of our office. (This isn’t part in your tour time). Learning to ride is very easy but nonetheless, only when everyone is comfortable will we set off.
You’ll begin on Andrassy Avenue, the famous tree lined boulevard which dates from 1872. You’ll pass Neo-Renaissance mansions and townhouses as well as many luxury brand stores. Along the way you’ll see the House of Terror as well as the Kodaly House.
Your second stop is Heroes’ Square. The major column is the Millennium Memorial and below it are statues of the Seven Chieftains of the Magyars. And behind are two colonnades with statues of Hungarian kings and national leaders. Next the City Park. Being the capitals largest green area, it has various attractions including the wonderful Vajdahunyad Castle. Also you’ll see the Szechenyi Baths which are the largest medicinal baths in Europe and a wonderful place to relax after a tour.
Then your group return towards the center until you’re standing in the shadow of the magnificent Hungarian State Opera House. This Neo-Renaissance edifice is considered to possess the third best acoustics in Europe. Now onwards to the St Stephen’s Basilica and the Parliament. This Gothic Revival style construction is the largest building in Hungary. Here you’ll enjoy a wonderful panoramic view across the Danube to Buda. You’ll see the Buda Castle, Matthias Church, the Royal Palace, Fisherman’s Bastion and Margaret Island.
In conclusion, you’ll return to the office via Liberty Square, where you’ll find the monument to the Soviet liberation of Hungary.
Ask Your Guide
We try our very best to accommodate special requirements but due to the limits of the Segway (high curbs and outdoor surfaces) and safety standards we uphold, some areas will not be allowed to access on Segway. Your guide reserves the right to make judgement on the accessibility of the areas you want to visit. Please note the city also closes down certain areas to the Segway and also for events, fairs and festivals which can require the use of alternative routes.
Private English speaking guide, Segway machine rental, helmet, stops for photos and questions
Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip
Groups over 8 people please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org